For many years enliven’s Early Intervention and Integrated Care Alliance (EIIC) has run supported networking and information sharing opportunities for aged, community and social services funded through the Commonwealth Home Support Program, Home Care Packages, HACC Program for Younger People, Community Health and other state and commonwealth programs addressing prevention of chronic disease.
With the aged care reforms and the introduction of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) the Alliance has changed its focus and the way it operates and now has quarterly meetings to enable: networking and information sharing between agencies from a range of sectors; time limited working groups on specific issues promoting shared learning and joint problem solving; and the delivery of forums/training on areas of interest.
The following areas have been explored/suggested:
- Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP), Allied Health and interface with MyAgedCare, Regional Assessment Services (RAS) and Aged Care Assessment Service (ACAS) – practitioners supporting each other in joint problem solving and using MyAgedCare effectively
- NDIS transition and the HACC Program for Younger People
- Wellness and reablement – exploration of what agencies are doing to meet the Commonwealth requirements
- Using the Translating and Interpreter Service and Language Loop
- Health Literacy
- Advanced Care Planning
- Elder Abuse
- Commonwealth Aged Care Diversity Framework and Planning
- Adapting to the new Commonwealth Aged Care Quality Standards and Charter of Rights
- Interface with GP’s and Hospitals on discharge
There is strong support for joint events/meetings with neighbouring Primary Care Partnerships (PCP).
Service providers in the south east are encouraged to contact enliven to discuss working in partnership on funding opportunities to improve health and wellbeing outcomes for people in the south east.